37ft Broom Commander built 1966 by C.J. Broom & Sons, Brundall, Norfolk
- Beam10ft 6in
- Draft2ft 6in
- HullMahogany planking on oak keel
- DecksMahogany superstructure and teak decks
- Powered by2 x Nanni 39hp diesel engines installed new 2002.
- Year of build1966
The 37ft Broom Commander Cynric was one of the final wooden motor cruisers to be built by the Norfolk based CJ Broom & Sons.
The Commander class was part of Brooms well known trio of motor cruisers built during the 1950s and 60s, however Cynric deviated from the standard design in that she was the only Commander to have twin screws - a definite advantage with regards to manoeuvrability - and one of only two examples of her class to have the enlarged fixed wheelhouse based on the design for the Broom 45.
Cynrics spacious accommodation from bow to stern comprises of:
- Large toilet compartment with Jabsco WC (connected to new stainless steel holding tank for pump out)
- stainless steel sink with storage lockers under
- moving aft into forward cabin with further hanging storage locker
- vanity unit and drawers to starboard and double berth to port
- stepping up into wheelhouse with helm to port and cupboards extending along this side, to starboard is comfortable seating for four (which could be used as additional sleeping berth)
- large collapsible varnished mahogany table
- set into the wheelhouse roof are two large glass butterfly hatches allowing light to flood in to this area
- moving down two steps into the galley with Coolmatic fridge, stainless steel sink, Flavel gas oven/grill and microwave to port
- to starboard is a further large toilet/shower compartment with stainless steel sink with mixer tap/shower head and gratings underfoot
- the aft cabin comprises of twin berths with further hanging storage, drawers, lockers and vanity unit.
All upholstery is covered in smart mid blue velour fabric.
Further on board equipment includes:- Isotemp water mains immersion heater, Webasto diesel warm air heating, 2 x Auto Rule-Mate bilge pumps & separate shower bilge pump, JVC CD radio and 4 speakers, full set of fitted Ultra Violet covers and separate fitted Winter cover.
Telephone 01628 824382 Download PDF