Additional forward cockpit option
Lloyd Loom Chairs
Optional steering wheel
Optional seating design with open teak floor gratings
Navigation light details
New Build Specifications
Slipper stern launches range in length from 25ft to 50 ft, with many options in between - the choice is yours.
The bottom is built of mahogany on oak timbers, with British Columbian pine for the chines. The stern block, stem and forefoot are of mahogany and the hull sides comprise of 1 length per side of African mahogany for the full length of the boat, taken from the same log to ensure matching grain figuring. The sheer rubbing strakes are of British Columbian pine.
Whilst the finished hull is in the raw state, it is treated with preservative to saturation before any priming takes place.
The covering boards, king planks and coamings are of mahogany.
The deck planks between can be of a material to your choice - either obeche which is traditional, or British Columbian pine, or alternating obeche and mahogany, or alternating mahogany and teak.
Subsequent varnishing and painting are carried out until we achieve the high standard of finish for which we are famous.
Petrol Version - engine options range from a 4 cylinder 1100cc BMC Vedette petrol engine to a 200hp high performance petrol engine.
Electric Version - this is now becoming popular for lakes and rivers and is based on 1 x 48v, 4.2kw underwater pod motor provided with electricity through 8 deep cycle batteries.
Each battery bank is charged individually by a fully automatic switch mode charger. This battery specification would give approx. 6 hours cruising. There is room in the hull for the installation of further batteries if required (please see optional extras).
In both cases the motor would be driving a manganese bronze propellor through a 1 1/8 diameter stainless steel propellor shaft. Our standardsteering wheel is a Bluemels Brooklands type MG wheel with stainless steel spokes and black rim.
The cockpit would be lagged in best quality obeche, with solid mahogany panels in way of the side pockets, all varnished to our high standard of finish. Seating in the stern comprises of slatted mahogany bench seat with base cushion and backrest.
These launches, when ready for delivery, would be complete with:
- overall cover in acrylic canvas (your choice of colour), supported on
three stainless steel hoops; canopy in acrylic canvas (your choice of colour),
with stainless steel hoops
- windscreen glasses, toughened
- all deck fittings including sheer beadings, finished in best chromium plate on brass
- cockpit flooring of ½ thick, laminated mahogany
- two Lloyd Loom chairs
- upholstery as aforementioned including cushions for the Lloyd Looms (covered in Romo Linara fabric)
- fendoffs & lines
- mooring lines;
- ensign staff and socket;
- navigation lights;
- courtesy lights set into the four glove pockets
- horn, paddle and boathook
You would have the choice of carpet colour, upholstery colour, waterline colour & shading/underlining where appropriate; and of course your choice of name in gold leaf and shading.
The steering wheel would be one of our varnished mahogany rimmed type with
chrome plated centre 'spider'.
In addition to the foregoing specification, we can offer the following options:
- Additional forward cockpit with seating forward of engine with double
folding access hatches over on 30ft version.
- Alternate teak & mahogany decking
- Cleated mahogany flooring, varnished
- Open teak floor gratings
- Mahogany helm/passenger seats
- Cocktail/ice cabinets to port and starboard
- Child seats
- Fendoff stowage
- All upholstery in leather
- Leather lined glove pockets & dash panel
- Step box in Mahogany, with hinged lid
- Freestanding, folding, Mahogany picnic table
- Sony CD/radio c/w weatherproof speakers, wired in
- Chrome spotlight of exceptional quality, wired in
- Additional set of batteries in electric version, wired in
Please note, any variations to cockpit layout/seating arrangements can
be discussed at later stage and priced accordingly.
For further information please email email@example.com or call Melanie Freebody on 01628 824382